Be a Team GB Athlete for a Day – Simon Jersey - Competition Terms & Conditions
We, Simon Jersey Limited, Syke Side Drive, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 5YE (the “Promoter”), are referred to below as “we”, “us” or “our”.
By entering the “Be a Team GB Athlete for a day” competition (the “Competition”) you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, any competition brief, the entry form, and any other specific details relating to the Competition or to the Prizes (together the “Rules”).
For all competition information including our full terms and conditions, please visit the competition hub page on the website: www.simonjersey.com/competition
1. Entrants must be resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland and must be aged eighteen (18) years old or over as at the prize draw start date.
2. Employees of the Promoter, including immediate families, shall not be eligible to participate in the Competition.
3. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
Submitting your entry
4. Entries to the Competition will be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Be a Team GB Athlete for a Day, Simon Jersey, Syke Side Drive, Accrington BB5 5YE. Entries via other methods will not be accepted.
5. The Competition is open from 25th January 2016 entries must be received by 11.30pm on 1st May 2016. Any entries received after this time will not be accepted.
6. All entries must be accompanied by contact details (telephone and email) in order to be valid and for us to contact you if you are successful.
7.Upon entering your email address will be added to the Simon Jersey database for future news and offers. If you do not wish to be on the database please state ‘do not subscribe’ in your email entry or click the unsubscribe link on any Simon Jersey email you receive.
8. If we are unable to contact the prize Winner within thirty (30) days, the prize will be forfeited. A new prize Winner will then be selected at our complete discretion.
9. You are responsible for any costs of sending your entry to us and we take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
10. In order to be valid, your entry should explain, in no more than 200 words, why someone who inspires you and makes you proud, is deserving of this prize (the “Nominee”)
11. We suggest that you make a copy of your entry, as we regret we will not be able to return your entry to you.
12. Only one entry per person will be permitted and multiple entries will be void and the entrant(s) disqualified.
13. No purchase or payment is required to enter.
The Prize and judging
14. As their prize the Winner and their Nominee will spend a day with an Olympic medallist (to be announced at the same time as the Winner) as they go through the official Olympic kitting out process. The Winner and their Nominee will also take home the Rio 2016 Team GB kit comprising of both the official formal dress and official sports kit, including an exclusive bespoke Team GB Simon Jersey suit. Simon Jersey will assist with travel expenses up to the value of £500.
15. All valid entries will be judged by a panel of us and the winning entrant will be notified by a member of the Simon Jersey team within 10 working days of the decision. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Details of the winning entrant will be published on the Simon Jersey website.
17. The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other prize.
18. The Winner and their Nominee may be invited to participate in further promotional events and activities.
19. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside our control, we reserve the right to vary or withdraw any element of the Prizes or offer an alternative prize of equal value, at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
Some other rules
20. You will retain legal ownership in your entry, however by virtue of your participation in this Competition, you grant to the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, sub-licensable, royalty-free and perpetual licence to use your entry and any other material and / or information submitted with your entry or otherwise provided by you. Our right to use your entry or any part thereof includes the right to copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, and otherwise communicate it to the public, including via our website and publicity materials.
21. You agree to take part in or co-operate with a reasonable amount of publicity or other promotional activity and agree that we may publish your name any photographs, films and/or recordings made by us or you on our behalf and featuring you and/or your entry.
22. We shall not be liable for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of taking part (or not being able to take part) in the Competition or as a result of taking up (or not being able to take up) the Prize.
23. Nothing in the Rules shall exclude or limit any liability of the Promoter which cannot be excluded nor limited by law.
24. You agree to keep confidential any information of any nature about the Promoter and its/their business and personnel that is received by you as a result of participating in the Competition.
25. We shall keep your registered details for a reasonable time so that we can operate the Competition and verify that the Rules have been complied with, as well as for accounting purposes. We may pass those details on to our service providers, agents and any sponsors to facilitate your participation in the Competition and (where applicable) taking up any Prize. Any personal data relating to you will be used in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
26. We reserve the right to postpone or cancel the Competition and/or to amend or supplement the Rules at any time, without prior notice or liability. We reserve the right to disqualify, without liability, any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
27. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations under the Rules where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
28. The Rules are governed by English law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for all purposes in connection with the Competition and the Rules.
You have read and understood the Rules and agree to be bound by them.